Those great little friends of ours not only make that delicious honey that we love but also beeswax. Beeswax is actually the substance that is used to make the protective honeycomb surface. Is where the honey is stored and baby bees grow!
Used by the Romans as a skin softener, it’s use can be traced back many centuries. As a constituent used in the right way, it offers a great many number of benefits.
Our beeswax is always organic and therefore without pesticides and other chemicals that are freely sprayed on plants nowadays. Bees will absorb those chemicals and secrete them in honey and beeswax. Organic should always be your first choice. The skin can actually absorb up to 60% of what is applied to it. Better that isn’t the nasty carcinogenic stuff.
So, why would you use beeswax? After all, it’s thick and waxy. That can’t be good for skin, can it? Well, our advice is always to read the ingredients! Firstly, make sure that you’re using organic ingredients for your skin. Secondly, we are definitely not advocating smearing loads of the stuff onto your face! This is where careful formulation is so important.
Benefits of Organic Beeswax
- Great as a protective layer on the skin. Locks in the skin’s own moisture whilst keeping out the elements. It will actually prevent environmental toxins and smoke particles coming in contact with skin directly. Great in balms and salves!
- Breathable. Unlike petroleum jelly which will ‘suffocate’ skin, beeswax allows skin to breath.
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin. Non-irritating. And won’t block pores.
- It’s anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal. In our Rescue Salve, we combine beeswax with organic Calendula renowned for its wound-healing properties.
- Carefully formulated, it can be used very effectively for various skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis.
- Carefully formulated, it can help to heal minor skin cuts, abrasions, scrapes and wounds.
I’ve mentioned careful formulation now several times. It really does matter. Read the ingredients carefully and make sure no chemicals and additives have been sneaked into the list. In our Rescue Salve, the ingredients are carefully selected to complement and enhance the natural properties of Beeswax and Calendula.
Does it work? Don’t take our word for it – read the reviews.